Thursday, May 8, 2008

Make most of priorities

I have three children under the age of 9. But I also work full time. So while my husband and my children are most important to me, I do have to share space in my brain with other areas in my life.

What's frustrating is not having control over one's life. Ideally, I'd love to work part-time or flex time, so I could have more hours in the day to balance out the rest of my life. This is particularly aggravating during slow periods at work (like right now) when I sit here and think about all the more important, pressing things I could be attending to instead of sitting at work trying to look busy.

THAT pisses me off. A lot. But hey. I am not the first person, and certainly won't be the last, to deal with my situation.

It all comes down to quality of life. I want so much in life -- and I am not at all referring to material things -- but time and resources only allow for so much.

How can we find a happy medium, some sort of balance? So we don't feel like any part of our life gets the short end of the stick?

No comments: