
I am not one of 'those' moms, as my coworker and fellow mother and I call them.
When I take one of my girls to dance class, my other children and I sit down the hall, away from the cramped waiting area. I'd rather sit on the floor and let my kids spread out a bit and play in peace. And to be honest, I'd rather NOT have to talk to the other mothers. I like having my kids, and myself, to myself.
I am just not a small talk kind of person. If given the choice, I will sit there in blissful silence. I feel no need to fill space with blather.
Nor do I feel the need to engage in the typical momchatter you hear so often about how busy and stressed you are, this and that, yadda yadda. And while many of them are nice, I am sure, there are the other kind. You know the ones. The ones you can catch giving you the up-and-down looks, the ones whose stares you can feel when you try to ignore their catty existence.
Men can sit there in comfortable silence. Women feel the need to make a social situation out of waiting.
When I take one of my girls to dance class, my other children and I sit down the hall, away from the cramped waiting area. I'd rather sit on the floor and let my kids spread out a bit and play in peace. And to be honest, I'd rather NOT have to talk to the other mothers. I like having my kids, and myself, to myself.
I am just not a small talk kind of person. If given the choice, I will sit there in blissful silence. I feel no need to fill space with blather.
Nor do I feel the need to engage in the typical momchatter you hear so often about how busy and stressed you are, this and that, yadda yadda. And while many of them are nice, I am sure, there are the other kind. You know the ones. The ones you can catch giving you the up-and-down looks, the ones whose stares you can feel when you try to ignore their catty existence.
Men can sit there in comfortable silence. Women feel the need to make a social situation out of waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment