Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Christ, I'm weird

Lately I've been obsessed with reading. Whatever book I am into at the moment is thrown into this huge bag I bought from Target that I have begun to use as a carry-all. It's my purse and a tote bag all in one, so it's back-breaking. But I find that whenever I don't carry my book with me, I need it. And I am just not a person who is comfortable sitting idly, staring into space while I wait (for a doctor appt, for my kids' school to let out, etc.). And if I am eating alone, I hate to not have something to read. Which happens frequently, as I realize more and more than I am becoming socially retarded and am happiest when left alone.

To add to my weirdness -- I have recently developed another personality quirk. I hate having any less than two books waiting in the wings. I just finished a book two days ago, and I am panicked because I only have one new one to read. So -- yes, I am nuts -- I have put off starting it until I have at least one more new book.

For some reason, these silly things just begin to gnaw at me and become part of what seems to be emerging as an obsessive-compulsive personality.

Wow. I just read over this and it's no wonder that I am frequently alone.

No comments: