Friday, October 10, 2008

Inspiration comes in many forms

Sometimes you come across someone (or something) so touching, so inspiring, so POSITIVE that you aren't quite sure what to do with it.

But you know it makes you aspire to be something more than you are, something better than you are.

I met this woman -- sort of. Through a blog sent to me by a friend/coworker/fellow mom.

Except by the time I heard of her, she was (and still is) fighting for her life after being in a horrible plane crash with her husband. The blog is temporarily being run by her sister, who is posting people's comments about the author (nickname Nie Nie), as well as previous entries.

So I've never really MET Nie Nie. But reading about her life has changed mine, in some small but meaningful ways. I began to think about what it really means to make a happy life, for your family and yourself.

I wish I did know Nie Nie. I'd love for her to be my sister, even a really close friend or neighbor. I know I'd love her instantly.

If you are looking for something to make you smile (and maybe cry), and possibly re-evaluate a few things in your life (in a good way!) -- check out http://nieniedialogues.com/.

No comments: