Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's not easy being socially backward.

OK. So now we delve further into my strange quirkiness.

I think I mentioned before how I sit down the hall from the general waiting area at my daughters' dance classes. My kids have more room to play, and I have less chance of having to interact in a painfully awkward way (for me more than for them, probably) with the other mothers.

Well. This year's classes just began again, and I was annoyed last week. After enjoying several years of self-imposed exile, I now find my space being encroached upon by other mothers who are stealing my idea.

Which is fine, steal away, but do it FAR away from where I am. I mean, one set up shop down the hall from us, which suddenly made it claustrophobic. And another parked like 5 feet away. ? Personal space, anyone?

I am socially backward. This I know.
But I am OK with that. Maybe I shouldn't be?

No comments: