Thursday, July 17, 2008

Don't nip my ear while you talk it off

Does anyone else ever dread the social aspect of getting your hair cut?
I used to love my appointments, because I went to a friend who was really fun to talk to, always full of good stories and juicy stuff to giggle at. It was a nice break.
But her salon is now far enough away to be inconvenient and I don't go to her anymore.
My girls and I recently started going to a new salon and now have a male stylist. Which, since I've always found it easier to talk to men than women anyway (I am NOT alone on that one), is working out well.
But I never liked sitting there in that chair in uncomfortable silence with a total stranger snip-snip-snipping away. I am just not one of those small-talk people who loves to chat for the heck of it.

No comments: